1point21 Interactive is looking for an experienced data visualization developer to join our team! We love to tell stories with data. You will help us accomplish that by analyzing data to extract insights and then visualizing that data to help us produce visual storytelling assets.
Note: We are not looking for someone whose experience with data viz is simply using Tableau, Power BI Google Data Studio, etc. If that is what you typically use to create data visualizations, we are not going to be the right fit.
What person will do:
- Data collection, extraction, cleaning and processing
- Conduct analysis to extract insights from datasets
- Build tools to automate data collection
- Create cutting edge data visualizations
What we’re looking for:
- 2+ years of experience as a data scientist or data visualization specialist
- Experience building data products
- Ability to tackle open-end projects pragmatically
- Experience with D3
- Experience with SQL, Python, Numpy, Pandas, scikit-learn, Tensorflow/Pytorch, etc.
- Experience with mapping software (GIS applications, Mapbox, Carto, etc.)
- Experience with data science techniques (machine learning, statistical modeling, etc.) is a plus
- Experience in software engineering is a big plus (we like to build our own proprietary software)
- Background in statistics, mathematics, or a related field
- Excellent communication skills in English required
- 65k – 90k