Are you an HR aficionado and a resourceful, flexible hard-worker open to working on a variety of unique projects? We are a San Diego based Digital Marketing Agency looking for a candidate to support our employees and maintain our tight knit, dynamic team and company culture. This position is just as unique as our company. 1point21 Interactive is seeking an HR Manager to maintain our people processes, recruit new talent, administer policies and benefits as well as collaborate with the Administration Team for various tasks and events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee day to day HR function as it relates to employee benefits, leaves of absences, employee relations, recruiting, payroll, record keeping, file maintenance, and HRIS entry.
- Consult with all employees to provide HR guidance for issues including, but not limited to coaching & counseling, interpretation of laws and policies related to employment and all other areas of human resources discipline.
- Ensure that policies comply with federal and state law.
- Onboard new employees to foster positive attitude toward Company goals.
- Keep management apprised of potential problem areas, employee relations issue, and recommend solutions as appropriate.
- Process employee terminations.
- Responsible for payroll processing.
- Handle all employee and HR team inquiries relating to benefit plans, payroll, policies and procedures.
- Prepare internal employee communications regarding benefits, or company policies.
- Manage the talent acquisition process which includes recruitment, interviewing, onboarding, and collaborating with hiring managers.
- Develop recruiting techniques to help us bring in the best and brightest talent.
Experience & Qualifications
- At least 5-7 years of experience in an HR Manager role
- 3-5 years recruiting experience (technical recruiting experience is a plus)
- Bachelor’s Degree in human resources, business, or related field
- Employee benefits and programs administration expertise
- Expertise with HR systems and reporting, payroll experience a must (Paylocity preferred)
- Expert knowledge of multi- state and federal regulations
- Excellent communication, problem solving and critical think skills
- Demonstrates knowledge of human resources and payroll administration principles.
- Flexible work hours
- Incredible company culture with laid back atmosphere
- Company events throughout the year
- Work with a great team of people
- Full benefits package